Searching for the Better Me

My self-confidence had been burdened by my physicality my whole life. At 200+ pounds I felt I never would be happy, loved, pretty, or healthy. Learning to be comfortable in my own body gave me a thicker (and simultaneously thinner) skin. I am learning to deal with my emotions in more constructive ways, and actually do something for myself and my future.

I'm starting to let go of what I thought others were thinking about me, confronting my own insecurities, loving myself more truly than I ever had before, and seeing the real me is somewhere beneath all that excess weighty and emotional baggage.

The mindset change came first. I realized I wasn't happy, I wasn't loving myself, and I was worth more than I was offering myself. Then I turned the situation around.

It had to happen in that order. I'm proud it did, and ready to keep going.

Sunday 28 August 2011

Some Ideas

I have some ideas for this blog that I'm going to carry out.

First: "What I Ate Wednesdays"
This should be good for me. I'm going to list every single thing I eat on Wednesdays. Every last morsel.
Yesterday was a very naughty Wednesday, but if I imagine I could have an audience knowing everything I shovel down, I might do better.

Second: "Monthly Measurement Monday"
The first Monday of the month, I will measure myself and share my results/progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment